• Maggie @ The Guest Bungalow

108 The Magic of Yoga


It's a repeated misconception that yoga is simply the physical movement of the body, commonly referred to as asana. I prefer to think of yoga as an umbrella term with eight essential components under the protection of the umbrella, that is yoga.


Asana is a beautiful starting point within the art and the science of yoga. Technically and statistically speaking, the physical movement of the body, into and out of yogic postures, only accounts for 12.5% of yoga. My hopes are, you will NOT utilize asana as both a starting and stoping point in yoga. Instead, let It serve as a fabulous gateway into the other elements that make up 87.5% of the refuge of yoga.


This year, within the Insight Room at The Guest Bungalow, we've planned for a deep dive into each of the eight components that define yoga in its entirety.


1) How best to care for our external environment

2) How best to care for our internal environment

3) Yogic postures & the physical movement of the body

4) Breath control

5) Detachment, withdrawal from the senses

6) Concentration

7) Contemplation & meditation

8) Integration & union


The 17 rooms at The Guest Bungalow, fully support all dimensions of your yoga practice! Private appointments are always available as needed and per request!


I propose a contemplation exercise, before our deep dive begins!

*Evaluate the list provided above and determine where you currently stand.

*What percentage of yoga are you practicing in the now?

*What area(s) do you love, like, or potentially hate? and why?

*What areas do you want to improve upon?

*What elements of yoga do you desire to initiate?


Having your initial answers to these questions will be grounding support as we plunge into the depths of the art and the science of yoga!

 

Sidebar: This profound wellness insight marks expression #108 within the Insight Room at The Guest Bungalow. The number 108 is considered a magical number in the yogic realm! One represents truth, zero the void, and eight the infinity! 108 is often used in representing our entire universe, referencing the whole of our existence.


When practicing Yogic Massage at The Guest Bungalow, as Ayurvedic and Chinese Medicine, we address 108 profound energy points within the body. Setting an intention to increase the flow of energy within and around our being improves outcomes.


In our meditation practice, perhaps utilizing a mala handcrafted by MalaMagicByMaggie, you'll notice 108 traditional beads to use in expressing your mantra 108 times. This mala design technique allows you to enjoy your mantra meditation in peace, without having to count to 108 yourself!

 

*Did this expression add value to your life? Please consider donating to support in buying a symbolic cup of coffee! Thank you in advance for your contribution & generosity! Peace, Love, & Everlasting Protection! Namaste, Maggie Fekete, E-RYT 500, CHC, BCHHP Nutritionist Experienced-Registered Yoga Teacher Certified Health Coach Board Certified Holistic Health Practitioner *Learn more about my background and offerings!

 

I bow, in a gesture of the heart, to all of my teachers, and to all of theirs, through the lineage of time! I greatly appreciate their gifts of knowledge and I'm pleased to be in a position to now share with you!

 

7 views0 comments